Saturday, August 22, 2009

Good training

Yesterday was my first training in a while, I forgot how it felt to train.. I missed it.
It may have been because of the good streak that I had this week, but I felt training was good training for me. My cuts in basic training felt crisp (all except my dou cuts >_>) and I apparently haven't regressed from the time I last played.

A lot of people have improved though, guess it shows through their training. haha, while me and my suburi at home. ;(

Some interestingly new thing we did (well for me) in training today. Seme-ing and fighting for center, and once you feel the pressure of their shinai fighting back, lift up and go for kote as your shinai would be gone, leaving nothing but air as resistance against the aito's shinai, hence opening up kote. Much more efficient than harai waza in my opinion. I tried to use it several times during jigeiko with no avail, but I guess I can always practice it more.

Another thing is Penalty Ippon Shobu. Pretty interesting - I knew what it was from a sempai's blog post, but it was nice to try it out. Albeit, i lost/drew every round so I had to do hayasuburi every match. Oh well, no pain no gain!

Short post today. Anyway, until next training,
Happy training!

- Kent

No comments: